The NEOM Digital Media Academy (NDMA) is an intensive industry-led program designed to develop and build the skills and capabilities of young Saudis in short-form video content ideation, development and production for distribution of local content on digital platforms.
It will provide the required theoretical framework and practical training to assist young talent to turn a passion for digital media into potential professional opportunities by teaching them how to create and distribute meaningful digital media content.
NDMA is being led by Nada Alshaibani, a pioneering TV presenter, producer and journalist. With 18 years experience gained in the GCC media industry, Nada brings valuable experience and a credible industry perspective to the program curriculum.
Nada will be supported by the NDMA Industry Partner, Saudi Broadcasting Authority, who will provide access to digital facilities, media archives, production equipment and technical talent as well as offering short-term placements and internships to top-performing graduating students.
The program is structured into three components and combines hands-on production with key theory and concepts. Designed to match the tempo of a contemporary media workplace, each day includes fast-paced sessions spanning practical skills labs, interactive workshops, seminars and topical industry huddles.
· The applicant must be a Saudi national.
· The applicant's information must be complete and correct in the application form and any evidence that his or her provided information does not match the official documents will lead to rejection.
· The applicant’s age must be at 22 to 35 years old when the course commences.
· The applicant must be committed and available to participate in the intensive program in Riyadh scheduled between July 4th and July 17th.
· All applicants must demonstrate interest and capabilities in digital content creation and this includes supplying samples of content produced and details of social media channels such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
· Applicants may be invited to participate in interviews and other selection processes.
Applicants fill out the registration online form with their correct information and upload the requested documents, noting that the registration will close on the 24th of June at 11:59 PM.
All the applications will be filtered and evaluated based on the general and specific admission criteria for each program to select the top applicants.
The approval or rejection decision will be issued by the program administration and will be communicated via the email address registered on the application form.
Please check the general and specific conditions mentioned on each program’s page.
Week 1: Focus on multimedia storytelling with condensed introduction to journalism essentials harmonized to the KSA media environment.
o Fundamentals of storytelling/journalism, generating brilliant ideas for great content, structuring, writing and crafting stories for digital platforms (video, social, online), research skills, interview techniques, accuracy and fact-checking, law and ethics.
o Production development and planning. Development and craft skills such as storyboarding, scripting, copywriting, interviews, pieces to camera, etc.
o Practical production technical skills across key areas.
o Structured content production experiences.
Week 2: Continued focus on multimedia storytelling, multiplatform publishing, creating enthralling content for digital platforms and audiences.
o Developing compelling stories for multiple platforms, creating content adapted for specific platforms and audiences, content strategy, video and content performance optimization, measuring performance (analytics).
o Professional profile and presentation skills for contemporary media industries.
The program concludes with group and individual project presentations and awards ceremony.
About Nada Alshaibani
Originally from the Kingdom of Bahrain, Nada began her foray into the media industry in 2003 with content development, production and supervision at Qatar Television before joining Al Kass Sports Channels in 2007 as a sports news presenter and program anchor. In 2012, she joined Sky News Arabia and within a year had established herself as the star sports anchor commanding an incredible viewer base.
She conducted a number of high-profile interviews with world sports stars like European Champions League winning managers José Mourinho and Rafael Benitez, Manchester City’s manager Roberto Mancini, Netherlands’ football legend Ruud Gullit, former tennis world number one Martina Hingis and FIFA President Joseph Blattar, among others.
Nada has covered some of the most important sporting events in the region including the Arabian Gulf Cup (three times), World Cup 2010, Olympics 2008, 2012 and 2016 as well as the 2011 Asian Cup.
In 2013, Nada joined Abu Dhabi Media Company and hosted a daily morning show on Abu Dhabi TV called “Sabah Al Dar” for four years. Since 2018, she has been hosting a weekly evening talk show called “Hatha Ana” which, during its five seasons, hosted more than 60 Arabian Gulf and Arab world personalities from various disciplines.
Off-screen Nada is a true pioneer of women’s sport in the GCC. She is the first woman from the region to attain FIFA’s Diploma in Sports Administration and holds a master’s degree in Sports Management from American University in the Emirates. Her achievements include:
· Receiving Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak’s Award for Best Sports Journalist
· Training media students at Majlis Mohamed bin Zayed
· Establishing the first foundation supporting and covering Arab women’s sports called “Noon Sport”.
· Receiving the award for best program content at the 2005 ASBU Festival.
· Heading the Female Sports Journalists Forum hosted by the Arab Women Sports Tournament and serving as a member of the tournament’s Supervisory Committee in 2016 and 2018.
· Successful handling of the presidency of the first committee of female sports journalists in the GCC, under the umbrella of the Gulf Union of Sports Journalists.
· Presenting many local and Arab conferences and awards ceremonies and managing sessions at various summits and forums held in and outside the UAE.
For more details, please click here